Results tagged ‘ Kyle Lohse ’
The English. The Natural. The Professional. The Chevy. The Dali. The Handlebar. The Fu Manchu. The Horseshoe. The Imperial. The Lampshade. The Walrus. The Finger. The Tapered. The Painter’s Brush. The Pencil. The Zappa. The Selleck. The Chaplin. The Brimley. The Gelatin. The Caterpillar. The Rib-eye. Whatever your style, it makes no difference, we’re all one in the same.
Earlier this week, the communications department professed we were growing mustaches, that same day the Redbirds started winning. Now five days of growth in (yes that’s right, the pictures are actually rather thinning), the Redbirds have four wins and are going for five. Last night the ‘Birds got their first sweep of 2009 behind the arm of major leaguer and fellow facial hair experimentalist, Kyle Lohse. For anyone to say that the sweep wasn’t the direct result of our lip-friends is clearly not for us, but against us.
The Redbirds are on the brink of their longest win streak of the season at five, thus we are still rockin’ the muzzies! Though the team just dropped three straight to the Isotopes one week ago, the ‘Birds now have the power of the ‘staches…the tashes…the dots and dashes…the soup strainers…the cookie dusters…the flavor savor…the lip spinach…the mousers…the face caterpillars…the northern plumage…the brillo pads…the bum-fluffs…the misplaced eyebrows…the shadow puppets… … …
We encourage others fans and departments to join in on the support of the Memphis Redbirds by growing your own mustache. Who knows, maybe in a few weeks we can start to incorporate the twist or the braid, but until then…Happy Winning and Happy Growing!
Saturday, July 4, 6:35 PM – Memphis
Redbirds (37-43) vs. Round Rock Express (37-44)
- Tonight’s line-up is as follows:
1. Jon Jay – LF
2. Daniel Descalso – 2B
3. Nick Stavinoha – 1B
4. Brett Wallace – 3B
5. Brian Barden – RF
6. Donovan Solano – SS
7. Matt Pagnozzi – C
8. Shane Robinson – CF
9. Adam Ottavino – P
- With Jarrett Hoffpauir in St. Louis (see below), 2B Daniel Descalso was moved up from Springfield today and will make his Triple-A debut tonight. Descalso was hitting .323 (93×288) for the S-Cards.
- Fireworks will foloow tonight’s game, which bodes well for the Redbirds, who are 4-0 before fireworks.
- Brett Wallace starts anew after posting an impressive 15-game hit streak from June 15 to July 1. Wallace had a hit Friday and looks to for it to be the start of a new string of hits.
- Jarrett Hoffpauir made his major league debut Friday night a memorable one, coming in as a pinch hitter in the ninth to hit a two-run single that gave the Cards the lead over Cincinnati.
- Adam Ottavino looks for the first Triple-A win of his career tonight. Ottavino is 0-9 with a 5.30 ERA in 2009.
- Among other new additions to the Redbirds squad is infielder Mark Hamilton, who joined the club on June 27 from Springfield. In his three games as a starter for Memphis, Hamilton is hitting .455 (5×11).
- St. Louis Cardinals right-handed pitcher Kyle Lohse will make a rehab start in Memphis on Tuesday, July 7th’s Round Rock series finale. Lohse made a start in Springfield on Thursday, allowing two runs on three hits over 4.2 innings.