Chasing the Pennant: On the Road
The Redbirds defeated the Sounds 9-1 Tuesday night, marking the ‘Birds first win in Nashville since June 24 of 2008. The Redbirds put up seven runs in a big third inning to retake the half-game lead in the American North division.
- Today’s line-up is as follows:
1. Jon Jay – CF
2. Tyler Green – SS
3. Allen Craig – LF
4. David Freese – 3B
5. Jarrett Hoffpaiur – 2B
6. Brian Barden – 1B
7. Mark Shorey – RF
8. Matt Pagnozzi – C
9. Todd Wellemeyer – P
- Wellemeyer pitched for 0.2 innings in Monday’s series opener, allowing four runs on three hits that put Memphis in an early hole. If Wellemeyer can’t make it past the first today, Oneli Perez is next up in the regular rotation.
- Mark Shorey was activated from the disabled list and will start in right field today.
- The Redbirds are first in the division by a half-game. The team’s record when in first is 24-13.
- The American North’s other team vying for first, the Iowa Cubs, lost last night to Omaha to fall to 1.5 games back from first.
Before arriving to Herschel Greer Stadium today, I was able to get some pictures of my home away from Memphis for the blog. Enjoy.
Follow us on twitter for the game today or tune in to WHBQ 560 AM with Steve Selby.