Saturday, July 4, 6:35 PM – Memphis
Redbirds (37-43) vs. Round Rock Express (37-44)
- Tonight’s line-up is as follows:
1. Jon Jay – LF
2. Daniel Descalso – 2B
3. Nick Stavinoha – 1B
4. Brett Wallace – 3B
5. Brian Barden – RF
6. Donovan Solano – SS
7. Matt Pagnozzi – C
8. Shane Robinson – CF
9. Adam Ottavino – P
- With Jarrett Hoffpauir in St. Louis (see below), 2B Daniel Descalso was moved up from Springfield today and will make his Triple-A debut tonight. Descalso was hitting .323 (93×288) for the S-Cards.
- Fireworks will foloow tonight’s game, which bodes well for the Redbirds, who are 4-0 before fireworks.
- Brett Wallace starts anew after posting an impressive 15-game hit streak from June 15 to July 1. Wallace had a hit Friday and looks to for it to be the start of a new string of hits.
- Jarrett Hoffpauir made his major league debut Friday night a memorable one, coming in as a pinch hitter in the ninth to hit a two-run single that gave the Cards the lead over Cincinnati.
- Adam Ottavino looks for the first Triple-A win of his career tonight. Ottavino is 0-9 with a 5.30 ERA in 2009.
- Among other new additions to the Redbirds squad is infielder Mark Hamilton, who joined the club on June 27 from Springfield. In his three games as a starter for Memphis, Hamilton is hitting .455 (5×11).
- St. Louis Cardinals right-handed pitcher Kyle Lohse will make a rehab start in Memphis on Tuesday, July 7th’s Round Rock series finale. Lohse made a start in Springfield on Thursday, allowing two runs on three hits over 4.2 innings.